Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Prep for Complex Aliases
Lab: Git Productive
Video Runtime: 05:43
In order to build complex aliases, we want to open up the global
.gitconfig file in the text editor that is wired to git. Then we’ll add some commenting to provide more context and details for our aliases.
If you have not yet wired up your text editor to git, I highly….highly….highly recommend that you do so. Why? The main reason is for writing more detailed commit messages as well as doing rebasing too. Check out this lab for a Mac or Windows to wire yours up.
You get WET when you swim. Stay DRY when you code.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:57:49
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 03:20
- 2 Alias - Display the Graphical Logfree 04:24
- 3 Delete or Rename an Aliaspro 03:00
- 4 Alias - Display the Last Commit's Logpro 02:16
- 5 Alias - Display Less Verbose Statuspro 05:32
- 6 !f() - Build Complex Aliasespro 10:43
- 7 Prep for Complex Aliasespro 05:43
- 8 Alias - Stage All Changespro 07:26
- 9 Alias - Unstage All Changespro 03:28
- 10 Alias - Unstage a Specific Change or Allpro 08:53
- 11 Alias - Commit All Changes from Working and Stagingpro 08:55
- 12 Alias - Uncommit Last Commitpro 04:12
- 13 Alias - Reword (Fix) Last Commit Messagepro 05:42
- 14 Alias - Reword (Fix) Last Commit Message Without Adding WIPpro 10:35
- 15 Alias - Add New Changes to Last Commit & Keep Messagepro 05:00
- 16 Alias - Rollback to Last Commitpro 07:01
- 17 Alias - Create and Checkout New Branchpro 02:31
- 18 Alias - Delete Local and Remote Branchpro 09:23
- 19 Alias - Rename Current Branchpro 04:46
- 20 Wrap it Uppro 04:59