This is the second part of the Intent of Each Language. In this episode, you will learn about PHP and SQL.
PHP runs on the web server to handle the web request, business logic, interacting with the database, making decisions, building web pages, and then sending HTML and resources out to the browser.
SQL is the language of the database. The database holds and retains your site’s content, users, settings, etc. It holds the information and data that is necessary for a website. You use PHP to interact with it to run queries to fetch or save information (records) or pieces of data.
Code. Eat. Code. Sleep. Dream about Code. Code.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:18:22
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 06:50
- 2 When & Why of WordPressfree 08:03
- 3 Web Page Overviewfree 08:00
- 4 Web Page Requestfree 08:27
- 5 Convert Web Request into a Web Pagefree 09:48
- 6 The Website Filesfree 10:26
- 7 Rendering the Web Pagefree 15:34
- 8 Big Picture of Programmingfree 15:46
- 9 First Look at Codefree 13:19
- 10 Code Becomes a Web Pagefree 08:16
- 11 Intent of Themes vs. Pluginsfree 11:34
- 12 Intent of Each Language - HTML, CSS, JSfree 12:55
- 13 Intent of Each Language - PHP & SQLfree 05:15
- 14 Wrap it Upfree 04:09