In this episode, you will explore the when and why of WordPress. When do you use select WordPress for the client? How about a static site instead? Why would you use a Content Management System (CMS)?
You will look at the website and its intent from the perspective of the site owner. Our job, besides delivering a website that meets our client’s wants and needs, is to make it super easy for the site owner to add, change, and manage content. Far too often we add complexity into the backend to help us do our jobs; however, that complexity is not what the client needs. If anything, the site owner might actually break the site or feel overwhelmed by all of the options. We talk about that in this episode too.
Your best friend is code, Tonya is making the introductions.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:18:22
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 06:50
- 2 When & Why of WordPressfree 08:03
- 3 Web Page Overviewfree 08:00
- 4 Web Page Requestfree 08:27
- 5 Convert Web Request into a Web Pagefree 09:48
- 6 The Website Filesfree 10:26
- 7 Rendering the Web Pagefree 15:34
- 8 Big Picture of Programmingfree 15:46
- 9 First Look at Codefree 13:19
- 10 Code Becomes a Web Pagefree 08:16
- 11 Intent of Themes vs. Pluginsfree 11:34
- 12 Intent of Each Language - HTML, CSS, JSfree 12:55
- 13 Intent of Each Language - PHP & SQLfree 05:15
- 14 Wrap it Upfree 04:09