In this episode, you will get a big picture overview of the web page. You’ll learn some terminology including web address, URI, URL, and web page. Then we’ll talk about the web request from the web address and an overview of the process.
Next, you’ll look at the back-end as we discuss how the content that is entered into the WordPress editor is stored in the database. This episode provides you with a baseline overview to prepare you for the remainder of this lab.
This Lab is unlocked and FREE thanks to SiteGround.
SiteGround offers managed WordPress hosting built on ultra-fast SSD and Linux container platform. They perform application and plugin auto updates, have developed in-house dynamic caching based on Nginx, and geeky tools like staging, Git, WP-CLI.
You will grow in this profession when you incrementally and systematically stretch yourself....bit-by-bit.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:18:22
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 06:50
- 2 When & Why of WordPressfree 08:03
- 3 Web Page Overviewfree 08:00
- 4 Web Page Requestfree 08:27
- 5 Convert Web Request into a Web Pagefree 09:48
- 6 The Website Filesfree 10:26
- 7 Rendering the Web Pagefree 15:34
- 8 Big Picture of Programmingfree 15:46
- 9 First Look at Codefree 13:19
- 10 Code Becomes a Web Pagefree 08:16
- 11 Intent of Themes vs. Pluginsfree 11:34
- 12 Intent of Each Language - HTML, CSS, JSfree 12:55
- 13 Intent of Each Language - PHP & SQLfree 05:15
- 14 Wrap it Upfree 04:09