In this episode, let’s talk about how the web page request is handling at a macro level. The web address is sent by the browser. This is the request the web server will receive.
Okay, how does this web address get handled and processed? The web address is unique just like your address or cell phone number. That web address is then mapped to a nameserver and the nameservers then map to the physical server(s) where the website is being hosted, meaning where the files are stored.
Let’s talk about this request and help you to visualize it.
This Lab is unlocked and FREE thanks to SiteGround.
SiteGround offers managed WordPress hosting built on ultra-fast SSD and Linux container platform. They perform application and plugin auto updates, have developed in-house dynamic caching based on Nginx, and geeky tools like staging, Git, WP-CLI.
When was the last time you got out of your chair and stretched? Just saying…
Total Lab Runtime: 02:18:22
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 06:50
- 2 When & Why of WordPressfree 08:03
- 3 Web Page Overviewfree 08:00
- 4 Web Page Requestfree 08:27
- 5 Convert Web Request into a Web Pagefree 09:48
- 6 The Website Filesfree 10:26
- 7 Rendering the Web Pagefree 15:34
- 8 Big Picture of Programmingfree 15:46
- 9 First Look at Codefree 13:19
- 10 Code Becomes a Web Pagefree 08:16
- 11 Intent of Themes vs. Pluginsfree 11:34
- 12 Intent of Each Language - HTML, CSS, JSfree 12:55
- 13 Intent of Each Language - PHP & SQLfree 05:15
- 14 Wrap it Upfree 04:09