It’s time to pull all of the above episodes together and give you an overview of how the web page is rendered, meaning it is built and sent out to the browser. You will learn about the full round-trip including how PHP immediately renders out as the HTML is being built. You’ll also learn about how the browser requests the resources from the web server. Remember, these files are stored on the web server’s hard drive(s). The browser can cache these resources to save page loading on subsequent visits. But on the first visit, the browser has to ask the server for the files.
Let’s talk about this to give you a big picture view of the entire web request-to-page cycle.
You will grow in this profession when you incrementally and systematically stretch yourself....bit-by-bit.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:18:22
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 06:50
- 2 When & Why of WordPressfree 08:03
- 3 Web Page Overviewfree 08:00
- 4 Web Page Requestfree 08:27
- 5 Convert Web Request into a Web Pagefree 09:48
- 6 The Website Filesfree 10:26
- 7 Rendering the Web Pagefree 15:34
- 8 Big Picture of Programmingfree 15:46
- 9 First Look at Codefree 13:19
- 10 Code Becomes a Web Pagefree 08:16
- 11 Intent of Themes vs. Pluginsfree 11:34
- 12 Intent of Each Language - HTML, CSS, JSfree 12:55
- 13 Intent of Each Language - PHP & SQLfree 05:15
- 14 Wrap it Upfree 04:09