Re-recorded and updated: March 24, 2018
In this episode, you will install and setup Git on your Mac including setting up the global configuration and creating a global
Go to the git website, and download the
.exe file. Then click on the file to open the installer GUI. Accept all of the defaults and install.
Let’s next check that git is installed. Open either Git Bash or the built-in Windows Command Prompt. Then type
git --version. If it returns the version, then it is properly installed.
Next, we setup the global git configuration. You can use this gist for the starting content of your
Finally, we will setup the global
Once upon a time, there was a developer... You! This is going to be a good story...
Total Lab Runtime: 02:32:39
- 1 The Keys to Your Local Development Environmentfree 22:03
- 2 Install and Configure Gitfree 19:46
- 3 Setting up SSH for GitHubfree 15:00
- 4 VirtualBox and Vagrantfree 13:00
- 5 LocalHost - Local by Flywheel (preferred)free 16:50
- 6 LocalHost - VVV (optional)free 14:42
- 7 What is a Package Manager?free 00:00
- 8 Composer - PHP Dependency Managerfree 14:16
- 9 Gulp – Task Runnerfree 07:29
- 10 Atom - Text Editorfree 07:25
- 11 PhpStorm - Installationfree 11:43
- 12 Wrap it Upfree 04:22