Recorded: March 26, 2018
We want to run a localhost web server on our Windows machine in order to simulate a real world web server. That means we want to run it in a virtual environment and container, separate from our computer. In this episode, you will install VirtualBox, Vagrant, and 3 Vagrant plugins. Click here to get the link to all of these dependencies.
Once upon a time, there was a developer... You! This is going to be a good story...
Total Lab Runtime: 02:32:39
- 1 The Keys to Your Local Development Environmentfree 22:03
- 2 Install and Configure Gitfree 19:46
- 3 Setting up SSH for GitHubfree 15:00
- 4 VirtualBox and Vagrantfree 13:00
- 5 LocalHost - Local by Flywheel (preferred)free 16:50
- 6 LocalHost - VVV (optional)free 14:42
- 7 What is a Package Manager?free 00:00
- 8 Composer - PHP Dependency Managerfree 14:16
- 9 Gulp – Task Runnerfree 07:29
- 10 Atom - Text Editorfree 07:25
- 11 PhpStorm - Installationfree 11:43
- 12 Wrap it Upfree 04:22