Within the entry header, Genesis provides the means for each article to have additional information. They call it the byline as well as post info, as it provides additional information about this particular article. Let’s explore how Genesis builds the HTML markup and what event hooks you have available to you to customize this information. In this episode, you are exploring the
genesis_post_info() function, which is found in
This is the second part of the Loop. In this lab, you will explore how the remaining portion of the loop in Genesis works as well as how to customize it. You will dig into the entry content, footer, and after entry components.
Check out the Genesis Theming Framework for more hands-on labs, insights, Docx, and more.
Check out the series page for more labs: Developer’s Guide to Customizing Genesis
Your best friend is code, Tonya is making the introductions.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:26:17
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 06:09
- 2 What the heck is The Loop?free 14:29
- 3 Calling the Loop Overviewpro 06:51
- 4 Genesis Do Custom Loop - Part 1pro 12:37
- 5 Genesis Do Custom Loop - Part 2pro 09:51
- 6 Standard Loop Overview - Part 1pro 08:30
- 7 Standard Loop Overview - Part 2pro 10:34
- 8 Standard Loop and WordPress Corepro 11:29
- 9 Before the Loop Hook - genesis_before_whilepro 11:38
- 10 Before the Entry Hook - genesis_before_entrypro 06:10
- 11 Entry Header Hook - genesis_entry_headerpro 17:38
- 12 Entry Header - Post Title - Part 1pro 13:07
- 13 Entry Header - Post Title - Part 2pro 07:48
- 14 Entry Header - Post Infopro 09:26