Let’s go through the function
genesis_after_entry_widget_area() in Genesis, as it is responsible for building and then rendering out the widgetized area for the “after entry widget area.” You’ll explore how the
! operator in PHP works as well as looking at the conditions which say, Yes let’s go ahead and render it out.
For the customization part of this episode, you will walk through different techniques to turn off (remove) this component. Let’s say you don’t want the after entry widget area in your theme. Ok, this episode discusses how to properly disable and remove this component.
The Proper Way to Remove This Component
If you do not want the after entry widget area to be displayed in your theme, make sure you do not add the theme support for it. Why? Why not just remove the action and unregister the function that renders it out the browser? Because it’s then confusing to the client/site owner if the widget area is visible to them in the Appearance > Widgets UI.
The proper way to remove this component is not add the theme support. If you see this in your theme, remove it:
add_theme_support( 'genesis-after-entry-widget-area' );
Keep It Simple, Stupid (KISS) - the best kiss you'll get in code.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:28:53
- 1 Before Entry Content Hook - genesis_before_entry_contentpro 07:13
- 2 Entry Content Overviewpro 05:49
- 3 Entry Content - Post Imagepro 10:43
- 4 Real Refactoring Examplefree 10:46
- 5 Entry Content - Post Contentpro 12:16
- 6 Entry Content - Post Content Navigationpro 13:31
- 7 Entry Content - Post Permalinkpro 09:35
- 8 After Entry Contentpro 04:16
- 9 Entry Footer - Overviewpro 07:14
- 10 Entry Footer - Post Metapro 14:07
- 11 After Entry - Overviewpro 06:01
- 12 Reorder Author Box & After Entry Widget Areafree 08:25
- 13 After Entry Widget Areapro 11:30
- 14 Turning on the Adjacent Entry Nav - Previous and Nextpro 10:09
- 15 Customize the Previous and Nextpro 06:25
- 16 After the Loop - Archive Posts Navigationpro 07:26
- 17 The Loop Else - No Posts Foundpro 01:31
- 18 Wrap it Upfree 01:56