As part of the entry content, Genesis has a registered callback for building the post image. The function is
genesis_do_post_image, which is found in
genesis/lib/structure/post.php. By default it is set to a priority of 8, meaning it fires first before the content.
The post image will go out to the browser if:
- this is not a singular page, i.e.
- the option for the featured image is checked in Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives,
- and the article has a featured image.
The magic of this functionality occurs within the Genesis helper function,
Let’s walk through the code.
Hey... hey you... yes you!... Having a good time? Learning new things? Good!
Total Lab Runtime: 02:28:53
- 1 Before Entry Content Hook - genesis_before_entry_contentpro 07:13
- 2 Entry Content Overviewpro 05:49
- 3 Entry Content - Post Imagepro 10:43
- 4 Real Refactoring Examplefree 10:46
- 5 Entry Content - Post Contentpro 12:16
- 6 Entry Content - Post Content Navigationpro 13:31
- 7 Entry Content - Post Permalinkpro 09:35
- 8 After Entry Contentpro 04:16
- 9 Entry Footer - Overviewpro 07:14
- 10 Entry Footer - Post Metapro 14:07
- 11 After Entry - Overviewpro 06:01
- 12 Reorder Author Box & After Entry Widget Areafree 08:25
- 13 After Entry Widget Areapro 11:30
- 14 Turning on the Adjacent Entry Nav - Previous and Nextpro 10:09
- 15 Customize the Previous and Nextpro 06:25
- 16 After the Loop - Archive Posts Navigationpro 07:26
- 17 The Loop Else - No Posts Foundpro 01:31
- 18 Wrap it Upfree 01:56