Let’s review what you learned in this lab about registering and unregistering callbacks for both static and object methods. You looked into WordPress Core and saw that it is using
call_user_func_array to call each of the registered callbacks for a given event hook. You learned strategies for working with 3rd party code including WooCommerce.
If the WordPress Event registrations confused you, go take this lab.
Congratulations for completing this lab!Awesome lab that teaches registering & unregistering both static & object #WordPress callbacks Click To Tweet
The best way to learn OOP is to build convert something that you already know from procedural to OOP. That will make the thought processes and methodologies more relatable for you. In Part 4, you will convert the Collapsible Content Plugin from procedural to Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
Check out the PHP Library for more hands-on labs, insights, Docx, and more.
Who needs copy/paste? Right. Writing code from scratch is fun!
Total Lab Runtime: 01:58:04
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 10:43
- 2 Meet the PHP Callbackpro 15:01
- 3 Object's Method Callbackpro 11:30
- 4 Static Method Callbackpro 13:32
- 5 Registering an Object's Method to a WordPress Event Hookpro 12:32
- 6 Registering a Static Method to a WordPress Event Hookpro 05:09
- 7 Unregistering a Static Method Callbackpro 03:30
- 8 Unregistering an Object's Method Callbackpro 04:49
- 9 3rd Party Object Callbackspro 15:06
- 10 3rd Party Static Callbackspro 08:27
- 11 "Object Not Available" Strategiespro 08:52
- 12 Design Strategypro 03:29
- 13 Wrap it Uppro 05:24