As a professional developer, you spent an incredible amount of time in your editor. You want a tool that supports the way you work, makes you better and faster. You want that tool to demand very little of your valuable time. And you want it to give you a delightful experience. Meet PhpStorm. This is a serious tool for professional developers, like you. Right out-of-the-box, without plugins or complicated setups, PhpStorm is ready for your projects and you. Let’s take a little time to get familiar with this invaluable tool and tune it specifically for your local WordPress development environment and workflow.
I use PhpStorm. It’s my editor of choice for all of my PHP-powered projects. It literally saves me time, effort, and frustrations with its integrated suite of tools. Everything I need is a keystroke away.
New tools take time to setup and tune for your specific needs. They take time for you to learn the keystrokes and get proficient using it. Right?
But hold on! PhpStorm is fully configurable. That means you can setup the keystrokes, formatters, sniffers, DocBlocks, refactors, etc. to bend it to the way you like to work. That means you can be productive right away after you tune it up.
Come spend this time with me. Let’s get PhpStorm rocking for you. Set it up once. Then just use it. Bam, you will wonder how you ever built projects without it. I’m just saying…
Benefits of PhpStorm
PhpStorm is packed with productive and automated workflow features that will save you a ton of time, frustrations, and money. For example:
- With one keystroke, bam, you can reformat an entire file to the WordPress Coding Standard or whatever standard you define in your project.
- The refactoring tools automate refactoring processes.
- Define where the
phpcs.xml.distfile is in your project, and bam, it will alert you to violations as you are writing and testing your code.
- Terminal is built right in.
- Debugging tools are baked into it too.
- and so much more.
Who needs copy/paste? Right. Writing code from scratch is fun!
Total Lab Runtime: 02:36:11
- 1 Why You Need PhpStormfree 13:16
- 2 Setup the Sandbox Sitefree 04:05
- 3 Tune the Lookfree 15:08
- 4 Be Faster with Keymappingsfree 14:40
- 5 Split-Screen Coding Windowspro 10:17
- 6 Enable WordPress & Jump to Hookpro 08:36
- 7 Jump to the Functionpro 03:59
- 8 WordPress Coding Standardpro 07:40
- 9 Configuring Other Coding Standardspro 04:11
- 10 Active Code Inspection to WPCSpro 11:45
- 11 Autocompletions. Inline and Online Documentation.pro 16:33
- 12 Function DocBlock Templatepro 10:10
- 13 File Header Templatepro 08:58
- 14 Selecting Multiple Instances (Multi-Cursor)pro 03:17
- 15 Shortcuts & Snippets (Live Templates)pro 10:13
- 16 Refactoring Toolspro 13:23
Version control is an essential part of any developer’s workflow. You know that. But it’s overwhelming and downright confusing to get started. Let’s cut through the technical jargon, workflows, and confusion. In this hands-on coding lab, you will simply learn git essential commands, with no fluff, just barebones git to get you started.
Check out the Local Development Environment & Workflow for more hands-on labs, insights, Docx, and more.