Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Active Code Inspection to WPCS
Lab: Tune PhpStorm for WordPress Development
Video Runtime: 11:45
Wouldn’t it be nice if your editor would tell you that you are not being compliant to the coding standard? Imagine the editor highlighting a piece of code, as you are developing it, and giving you the reason why it broke a rule. Wouldn’t that save you time and frustration later? Sure it would.
We can configure PhpStorm to use our project’s PHPCS XML file to do active code inspection. Here, let me show you.
Here are the
phpcs.xml.dist files from Beans.
Don’t repeat yourself. Don’t repeat yourself. Don’t repeat yourself.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:36:11
- 1 Why You Need PhpStormfree 13:16
- 2 Setup the Sandbox Sitefree 04:05
- 3 Tune the Lookfree 15:08
- 4 Be Faster with Keymappingsfree 14:40
- 5 Split-Screen Coding Windowspro 10:17
- 6 Enable WordPress & Jump to Hookpro 08:36
- 7 Jump to the Functionpro 03:59
- 8 WordPress Coding Standardpro 07:40
- 9 Configuring Other Coding Standardspro 04:11
- 10 Active Code Inspection to WPCSpro 11:45
- 11 Autocompletions. Inline and Online Documentation.pro 16:33
- 12 Function DocBlock Templatepro 10:10
- 13 File Header Templatepro 08:58
- 14 Selecting Multiple Instances (Multi-Cursor)pro 03:17
- 15 Shortcuts & Snippets (Live Templates)pro 10:13
- 16 Refactoring Toolspro 13:23