Hands on the keyboard and not on the mouse or touchpad. Using a mouse or touchpad requires little bits of time for you to search for the next command. Throughout the day, those little bits of time add up, costing you money. A better workflow is to keep your hands on the keyboard by setting up shortcuts with keymappings.
Guess what? PhpStorm lets you fully configure the keymappings you want. Let me show you.
Here is a link to the PhpStorm Default Keymap Reference PDF for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
Your functions are bloated. Put them on a diet. Think "skinny" and "as few lines as possible."
Total Lab Runtime: 02:36:11
- 1 Why You Need PhpStormfree 13:16
- 2 Setup the Sandbox Sitefree 04:05
- 3 Tune the Lookfree 15:08
- 4 Be Faster with Keymappingsfree 14:40
- 5 Split-Screen Coding Windowspro 10:17
- 6 Enable WordPress & Jump to Hookpro 08:36
- 7 Jump to the Functionpro 03:59
- 8 WordPress Coding Standardpro 07:40
- 9 Configuring Other Coding Standardspro 04:11
- 10 Active Code Inspection to WPCSpro 11:45
- 11 Autocompletions. Inline and Online Documentation.pro 16:33
- 12 Function DocBlock Templatepro 10:10
- 13 File Header Templatepro 08:58
- 14 Selecting Multiple Instances (Multi-Cursor)pro 03:17
- 15 Shortcuts & Snippets (Live Templates)pro 10:13
- 16 Refactoring Toolspro 13:23