Data is a big part of what you do, no matter which language you’re working with. In this lesson, we’ll talk about the different types of data type classifications.
Data Type Classifications
- Composite (e.g. array and collection)
- Special (e.g. enumerated)
- Abstract (e.g. list, objects)
Why are Data Type Classifications Important?
What are some of the reasons you need to know about these data types?
- You need to understand how the data is being computed. Knowing how each of these data types is represented helps you avoid unexpected results.
- What happens when you compare a floating point to an integer number?
- What is the result when adding a floating point to an integer?
- What is type-casting?
- Memory usage becomes very important when dealing with large amounts of data.
- Computers represent and map numbers based upon their type.
- Data is an essential element in software.
- Certain languages (e.g. C, Java, Pascal) require you to declare the data type.
Code. Eat. Code. Sleep. Dream about Code. Code.
Total Lab Runtime: 00:48:33