In this episode, I’ll quickly go over what you will be doing in this lab. Then I’ll walk you through how to setup your environment for the lab.
For this, you will want to:
- Setup a local website on your Mac or Windows machine.
- Navigate into your themes directory.
- Clone this repository, which gives you the theme we’ll use in the Testing Series.
- Navigate into the new theme.
- Install the Composer dependencies.
composer test-unitto make sure everything works.
Hands off the keyboard. Web development starts by thinking first, then planning it out, and then coding it.
Total Lab Runtime: 03:21:08
- 0 Lab Setupfree 07:07
- 1 The Problem - Why We Need to Simulatefree 24:50
- 2 Behind the Scenes of Redefining a Functionfree 20:31
- 3 Brain Monkey's Toolset Overviewpro 09:04
- 4 Anatomy of the Test Expectationpro 11:51
- 5 setUp and tearDownpro 09:51
- 6 Create a Test Classpro 20:42
- 7 `when()`pro 14:23
- 8 `when()` - Behavior Optionspro 14:26
- 9 `when()` - Code Challengepro 08:27
- 10 `expect()`pro 11:40
- 11 `with()`pro 05:44
- 12 More with `with()`pro 10:02
- 13 `with()` - Code Challengepro 09:53
- 14 `expect()` - Behavior Optionspro 07:47
- 15 `andAlsoExpectIt()`pro 10:46
- 16 `stubs()`pro 04:04