Adding Google Fonts into your WordPress website is a two-step process, which requires you to add CSS and PHP to your theme or plugin. Many people forget to do one of the steps. In this hands-on lab, you will write the code while I walk you through it step-by-step.
What You Will Learn
In this lab, you will learn:
- how to select a font from Google;
- the impact of selecting font styles;
- use the Google font instructions to help you load the feature into your code;
- working with Google Chrome Developer Tools;
- actual code changes to both CSS and PHP;
- and upticking your theme’s version number to ensure the new version is loaded in the browser.
Unlocked & Open Preview
We’ve opened this lab up for everyone. Whether you’re a member or not, you can take this lab (all of it).
Hands off the keyboard. Web development starts by thinking first, then planning it out, and then coding it.
Total Lab Runtime: 00:18:35
In this hands-on lab, you will be introduced to the Genesis framework, its file structure, codebase, and developer-friendly customization features. You'll walk through its source code and be introduced to the Genesis-way. You'll learn about why the child-parent paradigm promotes clean, quality code.
Check out the Genesis Theming Framework for more hands-on labs, insights, Docx, and more.
Check out the series page for more labs: Absolute Beginner Series