Adding Google Fonts into your WordPress website is a two-step process, which requires you to add CSS and PHP to your theme or plugin. Many people forget to do one of the steps. In this hands-on lab, you will write the code while I walk you through it step-by-step.
What You Will Learn
In this lab, you will learn:
- how to select a font from Google;
- the impact of selecting font styles;
- use the Google font instructions to help you load the feature into your code;
- working with Google Chrome Developer Tools;
- actual code changes to both CSS and PHP;
- and upticking your theme’s version number to ensure the new version is loaded in the browser.
Unlocked & Open Preview
We’ve opened this lab up for everyone. Whether you’re a member or not, you can take this lab (all of it).
Your functions are bloated. Put them on a diet. Think "skinny" and "as few lines as possible."
Total Lab Runtime: 00:18:35
In this hands-on lab, you will be introduced to the Genesis framework, its file structure, codebase, and developer-friendly customization features. You'll walk through its source code and be introduced to the Genesis-way. You'll learn about why the child-parent paradigm promotes clean, quality code.
Check out the Genesis Theming Framework for more hands-on labs, insights, Docx, and more.
Check out the series page for more labs: Absolute Beginner Series