Atom – Text Editor
Lab: Local Development Environment Setup for Mac
Video Runtime: 07:28
Recorded: February 27, 2018
You always need a text editor. For me I use it for things like commit messages, formatting HTML output that I’ve grabbed from the browser, viewing text files, and more. I use my text editor for that specific task: editing text. It complements my preferred professional integrated development environment (IDE), i.e. PhpStorm.
In this episode, let’s install Atom and get it setup. We’ll also configure it as the editor for git.
Your best friend is code, Tonya is making the introductions.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:44:38
- 1 The Keys to Your Local Development Environmentfree 21:21
- 2 Helper Workflow Appsfree 09:10
- 3 Install and Configure Gitfree 17:27
- 4 Xcodefree 01:59
- 5 Setting up SSH for GitHubfree 16:40
- 6 VirtualBox and Vagrantfree 09:27
- 7 LocalHost - Local by Flywheel (preferred)free 23:13
- 8 LocalHost - VVV (optional)free 09:13
- 9 What is a Package Manager?free 00:00
- 10 Composer - PHP Dependency Managerfree 10:49
- 12 Gulp - Task Runnerfree 07:00
- 13 Atom - Text Editorfree 07:28
- 14 Quick Navigation Shortcutsfree 11:04
- 15 PhpStorm - Installationfree 11:43
- 16 Wrap it Upfree 02:40