Re-recorded and updated: February 24, 2018
In this episode, you will install and setup Git on your Mac including setting up the global configuration and creating a global
Go to the git website, and download the
.dmg file. Then follow through the installation process.
Next, in your Downloads folder, click on the file to unpack it. Then click on the installer file.
Let’s next check that git is installed. Open Terminal or iTerm. Then type
git --version. If it returns the version, then it is properly installed.
Next, we setup the global git configuration. You can use this gist for the starting content of your
Finally, we will setup the global
Hands off the keyboard. Web development starts by thinking first, then planning it out, and then coding it.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:44:38
- 1 The Keys to Your Local Development Environmentfree 21:21
- 2 Helper Workflow Appsfree 09:10
- 3 Install and Configure Gitfree 17:27
- 4 Xcodefree 01:59
- 5 Setting up SSH for GitHubfree 16:40
- 6 VirtualBox and Vagrantfree 09:27
- 7 LocalHost - Local by Flywheel (preferred)free 23:13
- 8 LocalHost - VVV (optional)free 09:13
- 9 What is a Package Manager?free 00:00
- 10 Composer - PHP Dependency Managerfree 10:49
- 12 Gulp - Task Runnerfree 07:00
- 13 Atom - Text Editorfree 07:28
- 14 Quick Navigation Shortcutsfree 11:04
- 15 PhpStorm - Installationfree 11:43
- 16 Wrap it Upfree 02:40