Recorded: February 27, 2018
To install, navigate to https://nodejs.org/en/ and click the download button. After it downloads, click the file to run it. The installer GUI opens up. The installer will install both Node.js and npm.
Simply follow the prompts. When it’s done, open terminal.
We need to verify that the location
/usr/local/bin is in the local PATH. In terminal, type
echo $PATH and verify the location is listed. If for some reason the location is not within the $PATH, then go to this article and follow the steps.
Next, in terminal type
node -v. It should echo out the version of node.js if it is properly pathed and installed. Repeat this process for npm.
Hands off the keyboard. Web development starts by thinking first, then planning it out, and then coding it.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:44:38
- 1 The Keys to Your Local Development Environmentfree 21:21
- 2 Helper Workflow Appsfree 09:10
- 3 Install and Configure Gitfree 17:27
- 4 Xcodefree 01:59
- 5 Setting up SSH for GitHubfree 16:40
- 6 VirtualBox and Vagrantfree 09:27
- 7 LocalHost - Local by Flywheel (preferred)free 23:13
- 8 LocalHost - VVV (optional)free 09:13
- 9 What is a Package Manager?free 00:00
- 10 Composer - PHP Dependency Managerfree 10:49
- 12 Gulp - Task Runnerfree 07:00
- 13 Atom - Text Editorfree 07:28
- 14 Quick Navigation Shortcutsfree 11:04
- 15 PhpStorm - Installationfree 11:43
- 16 Wrap it Upfree 02:40