Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Concatenating Strings with a Dot
Lab: PHP String Building and Processing Basics
Video Runtime: 08:47
PHP gives multiple ways to build strings. You previously learned about embedding variables into the string. In this episode, you will learn about the concatenating operator, which is a dot
PHP takes the left string and smooshes it together with the string on the right side of the dot. Think of it as smooshing the two strings together.
This method gives you the ability to break the code out of the string literal. Then you get the ability to call functions too.
When putting together multiple string parts in one line of code, I want you to stop and walk through the sequence of how PHP processes the concatenation.
Keep It Simple, Stupid (KISS) - the best kiss you'll get in code.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:50:33
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 09:39
- 2 Embedding Variables in a Stringpro 15:16
- 3 Embedding Complex Variablespro 13:37
- 4 Concatenating Strings with a Dotpro 08:47
- 5 Concatenating and Assigning Shorthandpro 05:58
- 6 Formatting a String using Placeholderspro 15:16
- 7 Specifying Which Argument in a Formatted Stringpro 04:18
- 8 Has Substringpro 21:47
- 9 Replacing Substringspro 13:03
- 10 Get the String's Lengthpro 14:11
- 11 Character Set Encoding - It Matters!pro 11:42
- 12 Has Substring - for UTF-8pro 16:45
- 13 Replacing a UTF-8 Substringpro 05:56
- 14 Stripping out Characters or Entitiespro 10:51
- 15 Wrap it Upfree 03:27