Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Lab: Unit Testing with Brain Monkey
Video Runtime: 05:44
We can test that the arguments the mocked function receives are what we expect by using the
with() method. Mockery, which is baked into Brain Monkey, inspects the received arguments and then tests each one against what you’ve defined it should receive.
This feature allows us to ensure our code is properly doing its work and sending the right set of data to the function we are mocking. Here, let me show you.
Code. Eat. Code. Sleep. Dream about Code. Code.
Total Lab Runtime: 03:21:08
- 0 Lab Setupfree 07:07
- 1 The Problem - Why We Need to Simulatefree 24:50
- 2 Behind the Scenes of Redefining a Functionfree 20:31
- 3 Brain Monkey's Toolset Overviewpro 09:04
- 4 Anatomy of the Test Expectationpro 11:51
- 5 setUp and tearDownpro 09:51
- 6 Create a Test Classpro 20:42
- 7 `when()`pro 14:23
- 8 `when()` - Behavior Optionspro 14:26
- 9 `when()` - Code Challengepro 08:27
- 10 `expect()`pro 11:40
- 11 `with()`pro 05:44
- 12 More with `with()`pro 10:02
- 13 `with()` - Code Challengepro 09:53
- 14 `expect()` - Behavior Optionspro 07:47
- 15 `andAlsoExpectIt()`pro 10:46
- 16 `stubs()`pro 04:04