Let’s build, test, and validate the basics of the data store. In this hands-on coding lab, you’ll build the basic functionality and attributes of the data store in 3 different implementations: procedural, static class, and OOP. You’ll build a full test suite. And you’ll validate that the code complies to the WordPress Coding Standard.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this hands-on lab, you will walking through the entire process of building, testing, and validating 3 different implementations of the Data Store. You’ll take the requirements you build in the last lab and then incrementally, step-by-step build it.
Complete Master Series Project
This is a master series, meaning that you are defining, building, and testing a complete project while mastering each part of the process.
We start at the beginning and together walk through the project, step-by-step just like if we were on a team together.
Don’t skip steps. Walk systematically with me throughout each episode of each lab in this series.
What You Will Learn
In this lab, you’ll learn by doing. You’ll walk through the entire process, step-by-step while you are learning the following:
See the list of prerequisites and suggestions on the series landing page.
Go Pro and grow your expertise and career.
If you listen carefully, you can hear the 1s and 0s flowing in your computer.
Total Lab Runtime: 00:00:00
- 1 Introduction - Get You Readypro coming
- 4 Testing Strategypro coming
- 10 Procedural: Build the Items Containerpro coming
- 11 Static Class: Build Items Containerpro coming
- 12 OOP: Build Items Containerpro coming
- 15 Procedural: Add Itempro coming
- 16 Static Class: Add Itempro coming
- 17 OOP: Add Itempro coming
- 20 Procedural: Get Itempro coming
- 21 Static Class: Get Itempro coming
- 22 OOP: Get Itempro coming
- 25 Procedural: Item Existspro coming
- 26 Static Class: Item Existspro coming
- 27 OOP: Item Existspro coming
- 30 Procedural: Remove Itempro coming
- 31 Static Class: Remove Itempro coming
- 32 OOP: Remove Itempro coming
- 40 Procedural: Replace Itempro coming
- 41 Static Class: Replace Itempro coming
- 42 OOP: Replace Itempro coming
- 50 Procedural: Empty the Data Storepro coming
- 51 Static Class: Empty the Data Storepro coming
- 52 OOP: Empty the Data Storepro coming
In Part 4 of the Data Store Project series, you’ll build the API for each implementation of the data store. The API will hide away the implementation, allowing you to switch implementations without having to change the code that uses the API. What You’ll Be Doing x What You Will Learn x Prerequisites See the list of prerequisites and suggestions on the series landing page.
Check out the Plugin Development Library for more hands-on labs, insights, Docx, and more.
Check out the series page for more labs: Data Store Series – Centralized, Persistent, & In-Memory PHP Storage Project