Before we start the project, you need to setup the project’s environment. You’ll use this environment and workflow throughout the series to plan, build, test, and validate the data store. You’ll fork the starter plugin, clone it to your local machine, run the starter test suite, and walk through the plugin’s architecture and setup.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this lab, you’ll be doing:
- Fork the starter plugin from GitHub
- Setup a locally hosted project using your favorite localhost app, such as Local by Flywheel, VVV, DesktopServer, etc.
- Clone your copy of the plugin to your local machine
- Install the plugin’s Composer packages
- Run the starter test suite
- Walk through the plugin’s architecture and setup
You’ll want to have completed the Git Empowered series and especially these labs:
See the list of prerequisites and suggestions on the series landing page.
Don’t repeat yourself. Don’t repeat yourself. Don’t repeat yourself.
Total Lab Runtime: 00:46:51
Before we can build the data store, we need to understand what it is we need to build. In this lab, you'll think through each of the requirements, working to define what makes a store a store, how to interact with it, what functionality is needed, and conceptually how to achieve it, and then what approaches you'll employ in the series.
Check out the Plugin Development Library for more hands-on labs, insights, Docx, and more.
Check out the series page for more labs: Data Store Series – Centralized, Persistent, & In-Memory PHP Storage Project