Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Fork and Clone Starter Plugin
Lab: Data Store – Project Setup
Video Runtime: 08:07
You need a copy of the starter plugin. In this episode, you’ll
- Fork the plugin to your personal GitHub account
- Clone your copy of the plugin into your local project, i.e. onto your computer
- Test out that it’s wired to GitHub with
git remote -v
At this point, make sure you have the git aliases setup on your machine. If you haven’t already done Git Productive lab, you can grab the aliases for your
.gitconfig file in this gist.
Don’t repeat yourself. Don’t repeat yourself. Don’t repeat yourself.
Total Lab Runtime: 00:46:51
- 1 Setup the Local Environmentpro 07:00
- 2 Fork and Clone Starter Pluginpro 08:07
- 3 Setup Local by Flywheel's Serverpro 05:14
- 4 Install Composer Packagespro 06:06
- 5 Run and Review the Starter Test Suitepro 10:21
- 6 Run and Review WPCSpro 04:07
- 7 Walk Through the Plugin's Codepro 05:56