Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Setup the Local Environment
Lab: Data Store – Project Setup
Video Runtime: 07:00
Let’s setup a local environment on your development machine.
- Creating a local project within your favorite localhost tool, e.g. Local by Flywheel, VVV, DesktopServer, etc.
- Open the project in your favorite editor
- Launch the site, switch to https, and set the permalinks
- Install and activate Debug Toolkit plugin
- Add the debug constants to the project’s
config.phpfile. You can find the code here in the Help Center or in this gist.
Your best friend is code, Tonya is making the introductions.
Total Lab Runtime: 00:46:51
- 1 Setup the Local Environmentpro 07:00
- 2 Fork and Clone Starter Pluginpro 08:07
- 3 Setup Local by Flywheel's Serverpro 05:14
- 4 Install Composer Packagespro 06:06
- 5 Run and Review the Starter Test Suitepro 10:21
- 6 Run and Review WPCSpro 04:07
- 7 Walk Through the Plugin's Codepro 05:56