Imagine that the default configuration parameters are loaded from a plugin, but you want to replace those parameters with your own implementation. To make this work, the data store needs a way to replace an existing item with a new one.
What if the item doesn’t already exist in the store? Should we go ahead and add it? Or should we alert? Let’s explore deeper as we continue to plan out the requirements.
You will grow in this profession when you incrementally and systematically stretch yourself....bit-by-bit.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:39:26
- 1 Planning Introductionfree 02:50
- 2 What is a Data Store?free 03:51
- 3 Defining the Basics of a Data Storepro 09:19
- 4 Document the Basicspro 14:06
- 5 Simulate Store and Getpro 08:46
- 6 Identifying Items in the Storepro 17:07
- 7 Defining the Container: Data Type & Retainpro 16:48
- 8 Reviewfree 05:05
- 9 Feature: Check if Item Exists in Storepro 04:44
- 10 Feature: Remove an Item From the Storepro 06:53
- 11 Feature: Replace an Item in the Storepro 11:29
- 12 Feature: Merge with (Add To) Existing Itempro 10:33
- 13 Feature: Empty the Data Storepro 05:34
- 14 The Need for an APIpro 09:16
- 15 Document the API Basicspro 14:52
- 16 Global, But Controlled Accesspro 07:49
- 17 Push to GitHub, PR, Merge, & Syncpro 08:01
- 18 Wrap it Upfree 02:23