Let’s document the basic attributes and functionality we discussed in the last episode. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Get overview of markdown. Here’s a link to a Markdown Cheatsheet.
- Add a
docs/requirements/basics.mdfile to the plugin.
- Create a new branch with git.
- Commit the changes into the branch.
Note: If you don’t have the git aliases set up yet on your machine, then stop here and go do the Git Productive lab. It will speed up your workflow.
Hands off the keyboard. Web development starts by thinking first, then planning it out, and then coding it.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:39:26
- 1 Planning Introductionfree 02:50
- 2 What is a Data Store?free 03:51
- 3 Defining the Basics of a Data Storepro 09:19
- 4 Document the Basicspro 14:06
- 5 Simulate Store and Getpro 08:46
- 6 Identifying Items in the Storepro 17:07
- 7 Defining the Container: Data Type & Retainpro 16:48
- 8 Reviewfree 05:05
- 9 Feature: Check if Item Exists in Storepro 04:44
- 10 Feature: Remove an Item From the Storepro 06:53
- 11 Feature: Replace an Item in the Storepro 11:29
- 12 Feature: Merge with (Add To) Existing Itempro 10:33
- 13 Feature: Empty the Data Storepro 05:34
- 14 The Need for an APIpro 09:16
- 15 Document the API Basicspro 14:52
- 16 Global, But Controlled Accesspro 07:49
- 17 Push to GitHub, PR, Merge, & Syncpro 08:01
- 18 Wrap it Upfree 02:23