Let’s look at what the real difference is between a WordPress action and filter event. Technically there is only one difference. The filter event returns the value, whereas an action event does not. That’s it. That’s the only difference between the two.
The intent of the filter event is to filter a value, meaning it gives you the ability to change it.
Who needs copy/paste? Right. Writing code from scratch is fun!
Total Lab Runtime: 01:17:56
- 1 What is the Event Management System?free 13:16
- 2 The Difference Between Action & Filterbasic 09:11
- 3 Introducing Filter Eventbasic 10:53
- 4 WordPress Event Lookup Tablebasic 09:00
- 5 WordPress Event Priority Levelbasic 08:21
- 6 Number of Arguments to Pass to the Callbackbasic 10:56
- 7 PHP Argument Lookup Tablepro 09:11
- 8 Let's Look at add_filter in Corepro 07:08