Let’s start with registering a callback from your Starter Plugin to the post title, i.e.
the_title event. You will learn more about namespaces and the full qualified name of your callback.
In this video you will learn and see the following:
- Actions and filters are both stored in one lookup table, i.e.
- The lookup table is a large, multi-dimensional array.
- The priority is the main key for each event and they are sorted.
- You can set the priority of when you want your event to fire. However, you can’t set the granular sub-priority level within the priority. For example, you can’t set when you want your callback to fire before all the other priority 10 callbacks.
Keep It Simple, Stupid (KISS) - the best kiss you'll get in code.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:17:56
- 1 What is the Event Management System?free 13:16
- 2 The Difference Between Action & Filterbasic 09:11
- 3 Introducing Filter Eventbasic 10:53
- 4 WordPress Event Lookup Tablebasic 09:00
- 5 WordPress Event Priority Levelbasic 08:21
- 6 Number of Arguments to Pass to the Callbackbasic 10:56
- 7 PHP Argument Lookup Tablepro 09:11
- 8 Let's Look at add_filter in Corepro 07:08