Let’s start with registering a callback from your Starter Plugin to the post title, i.e.
the_title event. You will learn more about namespaces and the full qualified name of your callback.
In this video you will learn and see the following:
- Actions and filters are both stored in one lookup table, i.e.
- The lookup table is a large, multi-dimensional array.
- The priority is the main key for each event and they are sorted.
- You can set the priority of when you want your event to fire. However, you can’t set the granular sub-priority level within the priority. For example, you can’t set when you want your callback to fire before all the other priority 10 callbacks.
Your best friend is code, Tonya is making the introductions.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:17:56
- 1 What is the Event Management System?free 13:16
- 2 The Difference Between Action & Filterbasic 09:11
- 3 Introducing Filter Eventbasic 10:53
- 4 WordPress Event Lookup Tablebasic 09:00
- 5 WordPress Event Priority Levelbasic 08:21
- 6 Number of Arguments to Pass to the Callbackbasic 10:56
- 7 PHP Argument Lookup Tablepro 09:11
- 8 Let's Look at add_filter in Corepro 07:08